Farm Bill Amendment Scorecard
I’m trying to keep track of the Senate votes on the farm bill amendments, with help from Michael Bulger, Senate Floor Monitor @SenGOP_Floor, @ObamaFoodorama, and the Senate’s official list online.
The list below comes from Farm Bill Primer, where you can read the details of the amendments.
The heartbreak: the defeat yesterday of Senator Gillibrand’s amendment to restore full funding for SNAP.
Senate Amendments for Vote 6-19-12
- Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii #2440 (highly fractionated tribal lands); PASSED
- Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii #2396 (tribal relations office); PASSED
- Max Baucus, D-Mont., #2429 (livestock); PASSED
- Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., #2364 (multi-state aquifers); WITHDRAWN
- Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, #2445 (rural development); PASSED
- Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., #2370 (pulse pilot); PASSED
- Robert Casey, D-Pa., #2238 (technical/study -federal milk marketing) PASSED
- Christopher Coons, D-Del., #2426 (poultry insurance study); PASSED
- Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., #2422 (conservation innovation grants); PASSED
- Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., Feinstein #2309 (insurance recall); PASSED
- Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., #2156 (SNAP); DEFEATED
- Kay Hagan, D-N.C., #2366 (crop insurance plain language); PASSED
- John Kerry, D-Mass., #2187 (commercial fishermen); PASSED
- Mary Landrieu, D-La., #2321 (rural development loans); PASSED
- Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, #2190 (milk marketing order reform); PASSED
- Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., #2192 (value added grants); DEFEATED
- Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, #2167 (pay cap marketing loans); PASSED
- Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., #2174 (SNAP); DEFEATED
- Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., #2172 (SNAP); DEFEATED
- Rand Paul, R-Ky., #2181 ($250,000 income limit); DEFEATED
- Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., #2191 (wind loans); DEFEATED
- John McCain, R-Ariz., #2199 (catfish); PASSED
- Patrick Toomey, R-Pa., #2217 (organic/AMA); DEFEATED
- Jim DeMint, R-S.C., #2263 (broadband funding); DEFEATED
- Jim DeMint, R-S.C., #2262 (SoS Free MKT); PASSED
- Jim DeMint, R-S.C., #2276 (checkoffs); DEFEATED
At some point, I’ll try to make sense of all this. For the moment, it’s food politics happening in real time.