Here’s another great option for a weeknight dinner, or anytime you need to throw together a quick, healthy meal with simple ingredients. This meal is really easy to make, it only takes about 15 minutes to make the whole dish and it’s full of fibre, protein and tons of antioxidants and vitamins. I love this dressing and I really had a craving for it tonight, it’s so good! It has a real kick to it, the flavour is awesome and it really brings all the veggies to life.
Chickpea, Almond and Broccoli Salad
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- ¾ cup almonds, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- ½ a red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil and lemon for the kale
- De-stem the kale, cut into bite-sized pieces and place in the bottom of the bowls the salad will be served in. Massage a little olive oil and lemon into the kale.
- Next drain and rinse the chickpeas and chop all the veggies and the almonds and add it all to a big bowl.
- Add the Lemon Tahini Dressing to the chickpeas, almonds and veggies and mix well.
- Scoop the salad and dressing mixture over the kale to serve.
- ½ cup tahini
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Immediately after dinner I needed a sweet tooth fix, but I only had limited ingredients. I decided on a raw peanut butter chocolate cookie. You’ve probably noticed that I made things like this a lot but they’re just so easy and I can usually scramble something together with whatever I have on hand.
Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- 12 medjool dates
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chocolate hemp protein powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup almonds
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- Add everything except the water to a food processor or blender and mix well, adding a little water if needed. The dough should stick together but shouldn’t stick to you hands.
- After it’s mixed, roll it into small balls and press down with a fork.
- Keep them in the fridge in an airtight container.